Press release : OpenGraphy launches “My Golf Stories”:
A Facebook application designed for Volkswagen and featuring an Open Graph world premiere.
The ConceptMy Golf Stories is a competition allowing Golf owners, drivers and passengers to share their best cars and stories with other Volkswagen fans.
Participants can customize their own digital Golf according to the version they own(ed) in real life, tell who drove it or got in it and invite these people to connect on the platform. It also allows fans that are not friends together to connect and share cars and stories within the application.
For every “Like” on story, for every driver or passenger added, the participant will receive an extra chance to win the main prize:
The New OpenGraphy buttons for Facebook
To complete the experience, OpenGraphy created new action buttons that help VW fans better engage with VW cars.
“People don’t only “like”, “share” or comment” cars. Those classic facebook actions are not deep enough to illustrate online the connections occurring in the real world between cars and people. Basically, prior to those actions, people first get in a car, they drive it, and live stories with friends.” explains Antoine GOUNEL, OpenGraphy CEO.
“I drive this car”, “I get in this car”, and “I lived this story” are the new phrases you can publish now in your facebook newsfeed by using the app: Try it here :
The app is Social-by-Design optimized: « … and it’s not only a question of buttons«
The application features the latest Facebook development platform best-practices :
- Login with facebook : Users can register in one click and they are automatically authenticated when they come back
- Social plugins : Users can share, like and comment cars and stories
- Custom actions : Users can drive and get in cars, live stories with friends
- Newsfeed : Users can discover who from their friends gave them additional chances through a Timeline of their respective approved requests
- Activity sharing control & app Timeline : Users can see what they have shared on facebook and they can delete the respective stories directly from the application
- Explicit sharing : the actions published on facebook are not only visible in the ticker but also in the Newsfeed & Timeline of users
- Friends tagging : Users can live a story together and perform the same action within the application. Users that are tagged by their friends are notified on facebook at the same time
- Invitation box : Users can invite their friends to get in and drive their car. Friends approval gives extra chances
- Social CRM : The Volkswagen social graph will be seeded with precious user information & car connections that will help our customer to better match its offers with user expectations
- New generation of Ads : a campaign is being launched to target the friends of the users who drove or got in a car and who lived a story with a Volkswagen. It will allow our customer to amplify the messages and give more visibility to the actions published by the users in their respective friends network
What is the vision of OpenGraphy behind this application ?
The OpenGraphy approach is to build online the interactions that occur offline between people and the products / services of our customers.
By mastering the open graph and the facebook development platform, OpenGraphy aims at improving the social graph of its customers with deeper connections between individuals and objects.
By sponsoring the graph connections using Sponsored Stories, Opengraphy can retarget the friends of the users who took up an action within the application. It allows Volkswagen to amplify the reach of user stories.
About OpenGraphy :
OpenGraphy is Preferred Marketing Developer of Facebook.
This highly-selective program gathers the most qualified developers in the world. Only 300 companies have been selected by Facebook Inc.
OpenGraphy is known for being the first company to propose a full suite of open graph services and tools to help businesses perform better on facebook.
The company offers Open Graph optimization packages, Applications development services and Social ADS Management.
Leading internet players in the media & E-commerce industries choose OpenGraphy as preferred developer consultant and / or facebook management system for their websites and facebook apps.
Groupe Pages Jaunes (mappy.com, 123People, pagesjaunes.fr), NetmediaEurope (Gizmodo), Persgroep (hln.be, 7sur7.be), Sudpresse, Lesoir, Prisma Presse (voici.fr), Oxygem TV (radins.com, cuisineAZ.com,), RadioFrance, France inter, France info, Arte TV, INA.fr, Voyages-sncf, cdiscount, Madeindesign, Okaidi, Immoweb, Drimki – Refleximmo, Autoreflex, Findizer, D’Ieteren (Volkswagen – Seat – Skoda – Audi), Walibi, etc.
Do you want to try more OpenGraphy apps ?
Walibi connect : People can publish stories directly from the park using a free RFID bracelet ! New actions have been developed : you can hunt, fall, escape, ride, tame, explore, and slide attractions.
Findizer : The french Pinterest where you can follow your friends shopping activities, add products to your wishlist, and recommend deals.
Relike TV : The first video social network featuring your best friends and favorite fan pages. Discover the videos that your friends & pages watch and share on the web.
For press inquiries, feel free to contact us
Comment on Facebook
Read, Learn and Like | More Facebook News